FAMILY INVESTMENT ADMINISTRATION
MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
ATHENA Consulting is seeking exceptional candidates for the Maryland Department of Human Resource’s Executive Director of the Family Investment Administration. We are seeking a candidate to provide leadership and tactical direction for staff and resources of the Family Investment Administration (FIA) toward the accomplishment of the organization’s mission.
The successful candidate will lead a team of 326 professionals and ensure the efficient and functional operation of the FIA budget of $1.8 billion. The mission is to assist in the protection of vulnerable children and adults and those in economic need leading to self-sufficiency.
Maryland is a state-supervised, county-administered environment. The Executive Director of the Family Investment Administration reports to the Deputy Secretary of Programs, is a member of DHR’s Leadership Team, and serves as the principal advisor to DHR’s Secretary and Deputy Secretaries on all policies, legislation, regulations, and initiatives related to Family Investment Administration programs.
ATHENA Consulting is an award-winning temporary staffing, direct hire, and executive search firm. ATHENA assists our clients by providing solutions to all of their staffing needs. ATHENA Consulting invites you to become part of our team. We are a fast-paced, mission-oriented organization, committed to providing excellent staffing services to businesses across the nation. From short-term to long-term temporary staffing, large-volume project start-ups, specialized staff in health and human services, or knowledge of state and local government, we identify the finest talent to fill our client’s unique needs. The Gazette of Politics and Business recognized us among the top 53 businesses and organizations in the State of Maryland, and our clients return to us for our superb services each year.
The chosen candidate must possess the following background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Human Development, Public Policy, or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years related management experience in social services, child welfare, or public assistance.
- Knowledge of Public Assistance Programs required
- Experience in the State of Maryland preferred.
Summary of Core Competencies
- Demonstrated project and people management skills, including fostering a strong team-oriented office environment
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial experience, preferably in a government setting.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, both strategic and operational.
- Vision to manage a budget and direct a major organization’s strategic planning.
- Able to effectively navigate through and accomplish goals while balancing political, financial, technical, public, timing, and staffing requirements and demands.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbal and be able to speak effectively to high-level public officials, within the State of Maryland, government agencies, community groups, organized labor, private organizations, media, and the general public.
This is an opportunity to join a team committed to providing excellent services and to follow your interests in a large, diverse organization. The salary range is $92,333 – 123,236 per year. Benefits include employer-paid health insurance, 11 paid holidays, 10 days annual leave, 6 personal days each year, 15 days of sick leave, and membership in the Maryland Public Service Retirement Plan.
DHR has a commitment to diversity, multiculturalism, and community and actively engages in recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that includes members of historically underrepresented groups.