April 11, 2016
ATHENA Consulting is currently recruiting for a Chief Data Officer (CDO) to oversee how data is gathered, managed, and stored for our State of Maryland agency client. The CDO is a senior executive who bears responsibility for the agency’s enterprise-wide data and information strategy, governance, control, policy development, and effective exploitation. The CDO’s role will combine accountability and responsibility for information protection and privacy, information governance, data quality, and data life cycle management, along with the exploitation of data assets to create business value. The salary range is $90,000 – $125,000, with State of Maryland benefits. This position requires a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Provides vision and strategy for all data management activities.
- Acts as a champion for global data management, governance, quality, and vendor relationships across the enterprise.
- Oversees the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) program, data scientists, data warehousing, and data service providers.
- Establishes data policies, standards, organization, and enforcement of EIM concepts.
- Oversees and reports on data metrics.
- Has executive-level responsibility for all enterprise information/data management budgeting and initiatives.
- Organize and implement policies, procedures, structures, roles, and responsibilities that outline and enforce rules of engagement, decision rights, and accountabilities for the effective management of information assets.
- Study and maximize data quality; continuously monitoring and improving its data defect-prevention process.
- Establish an architecture and a collection of integrated decision-support applications and databases – providing the business community easy access to business data.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, information management or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a business and/or government entity, including 5 or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide, programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Prior experience having overall responsibility for a data analytics operation.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Subject Matter Expertise in Data Quality, Data Governance, and Enterprise data modeling.
Email us and attach your resume for consideration. Thank you!
For other positions available, visit our Job Search page for all current openings. You can also learn more about ATHENA’s culture and benefits on our Why Join ATHENA page.
Athena Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).